Hair Loss Treatment Malaysia:
A Head Full Of Hair
With DTAP Clinic
If you’re ready to take the first step towards a fuller head of hair, you’ve come to the right place. Our hair specialists are here to help you achieve the look you desire.
DTAP Clinic offers a comprehensive suite of clinical hair loss solutions for both men and women, treated and managed by experienced hair loss doctors. We also offer FUE hair transplant, a safe and effective solution for restoring your hairline and regaining confidence.
If you have any questions or will like to book an appointment, use the form on this page to get in touch with our doctors today.
Contact Us Today
What Can You Expect
Read on to find out more about our hair loss solutions and expected results.
Hair Loss Treatment (Men)
Topical and oral medications may be used to treat male pattern baldness. Topical treatments may include applying medication to the scalp. Some topical medications are also available over the counter (OTC) at pharmacies, usually in the form of lotions or foams. It may take up to 3-6 months, depending on the type of treatment, to start seeing results and the medication should may be required to be used indefinitely to preserve effects. Some adverse side effects may include scalp irritation, contact dermatitis; other rare side effects include headache, lightheadedness and irregular heartbeat.
Shampoo treatments used together with medical therapy for male pattern baldness have promising results. The combinant therapy has superior results compared to monotherapy
An example of such a shampoo, also known as Nizoral, may be purchased OTC.
Hair transplantation involves taking hair follicles from elsewhere and grafting them onto the scalp.
Hairs in the lower part of the back of the scalp are more resistant to androgens, thus they are more commonly used in surgical transplants. The hair donated to balding areas remains resistant to the male hormones. The surgical transplantation involves taking a strip of skin from another part of the head, complete with hair, to graft it onto the bald area transplanting individual hairs, which avoids scarring
The transplantation procedures are expensive.
As male pattern baldness occurs over time, the faster we act to prevent hair loss the better the results are. Speak to your doctor before starting any treatment, to find the best option of treatment for you.
Hair Loss Treatment (Women)
Treatment depends entirely on the cause of hair loss.
- If the hair loss is caused by pregnancy, no treatment is needed. Hair loss should stop after a period of time.
- Medications like Minoxidil can be used to treat Female pattern hair loss. This should be prescribed by a doctor after careful assessment.
- Hair laser treatment
- Hair transplant
- PRP injections to encourage hair growth
- Micro needling of the scalp
Firstly, meeting your doctor to find out the actual cause is the most important step to overcome hair loss.
Along with that, the following simple hair care tips can also help to reduce hair fall:
- Massaging your scalp lightly while washing your hair to stimulate blood circulation
- Using the right kind of shampoo which lesser chemicals
- Dry your hair naturally
- Use a wide toothed comb to brush your hair
- Limit usage of heat styling tools
- To consume food which is rich in vitamins and minerals
- To adapt to a healthy lifestyle
Generally, hair loss causes loss of confidence and sometimes even depression in women. Don’t allow this to affect you. There are many ways to reverse hair loss in women and this can be done if you seek help as early as possible from your doctor.
Beautiful hair isn’t hard to achieve with the right treatment.
FUE is a hair transplant procedure that involves removing hair from the donor area and transplanting them into the thinning areas. Here’s a breakdown of how the procedure works:
- Preparation: Before the procedure begins, the hair in the donor area (usually the back of the head) is trimmed to about 1mm in length. The donor and recipient areas are made numb.
- Extraction: Using a small, handheld device called a micro-punch, individual hairs are removed from the donor area. The micro-punch creates a tiny circular incision around the hair follicle, which is then gently extracted. The extracted follicles are placed in a special solution that helps keep them alive and healthy.
- Implantation: Once enough hairs have been extracted, the doctor creates tiny incisions in the recipient area where the new hair will be implanted. Each hair is carefully placed into these incisions, taking into account the natural direction and angle of the surrounding hair for a natural-looking result.
- Recovery: After the procedure, the patient’s treated area may be sore and tender for a few days. The newly transplanted hair may fall out within the first few weeks, but this is normal and temporary. The transplanted follicles will begin to grow new hair within a few months, and the final result should be visible after about a year.
When can I notice new hair growth?
After undergoing a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, it’s natural to wonder when you can expect to see hair growth. Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- Shedding: After the procedure, the transplanted hair follicles may shed within the first two to three weeks. This is a normal and temporary process and does not mean the transplant has failed.
- Initial growth: After the shedding phase, the transplanted follicles will begin to grow new hair. Initial growth is typically seen between three to four months after the procedure, but it can take up to six months for some individuals.
- Continued growth: Hair growth will continue for up to a year or more post-procedure. The rate of growth varies depending on the individual’s hair growth cycle and the density of transplanted follicles.
- Final result: The final result can be expected after a year or more. The transplanted hair will blend with the natural hair and create a natural-looking hairline.
It’s important to note that the timeline for hair growth can vary from person to person. Some individuals may experience faster or slower growth, and the density of hair growth may also differ. It’s essential to follow the post-operative care instructions provided by your surgeon to ensure optimal healing and hair growth.
What to avoid after FUE Hair Transplant
After undergoing a FUE hair transplant, it’s important to take proper care to ensure optimal healing and hair growth. Here are some things to avoid after the procedure:
- Touching or scratching: It’s important to avoid touching or scratching as this can cause infection, dislodge the transplanted follicles, and slow down the healing process.
- Vigorous exercise: Strenuous activities such as running, weightlifting, or other high-intensity workouts should be avoided for at least two weeks post-procedure. This can cause sweating, which can lead to complications and affect the healing process.
- Exposure to direct sunlight: Sun exposure can damage the newly transplanted hair follicles and cause them to die. It’s recommended to avoid direct sunlight and wear a hat or head covering when going outside.
- Using hair products: Hair products such as gel, hairspray, or styling wax should be avoided for at least two weeks post-procedure. These products can clog the hairs and cause infection.
- Sleeping on the stomach: Sleeping on the stomach can put pressure and dislodge the transplanted hairs. It’s recommended to sleep on the back or side for at least the first few nights post-procedure.
By avoiding these activities and taking proper care after an FUE hair transplant, you can ensure optimal healing and hair growth for natural-looking results.
Dr. Kaarthig Ganesamoorthy
MBBS, Cert. Men’s Health, International Medical University (IMU)
Dr. Sijitirah Rajah
MBBS (Bangalore), MSU (International Medical School)
Dr. Yeoh Wei Siang
MBBS, International Medical University (IMU)
DTAP @ KUALA LUMPUR
DTAP @ PETALING JAYA
DTAP @ PUCHONG
DTAP @ JOHOR BAHRU